It’s just after New Year’s, so resolutions are running rampant through social media, the streets and my own head. Mr. P² and I have decided that this will be our year, which surprisingly is something we’ve never committed to before. I’m desperately hoping we can buy a house next year, so there’s a lot coming down the pipeline that needs plans, contingencies and of course $$$. On top of all of that, neither Mr. P² nor I are happy with where we are health-wise, so that’s become a big priority for both of us. I suffer from asthma and have to use my inhaler fairly often, so I’m hoping by following through with my goals that my body will give me a break.
That being said, here are my resolutions and the accompanying high-level plans:
- Drop weight and increase stamina
- Plan: exercise at least once a day, keep a food diary and focus my nutrition on cutting fats & carbs and upping my fruits & veggies
- Get a promotion at work
- Plan: after a review last year where I was given feedback on how to get to the next level, continue following through as outlined and communicating with leadership
- Start a blog
- Plan: here we are!
- Increase additional revenue streams
- Plan A: apply to various online programs that give rewards, either in cash or gift cards, for various tasks
- Plan B: find possible work-from-home opportunities that I can do in the evenings and on weekends
- Plan C: Bake?
- Plan: utilize my company’s offered resources to learn new skills and enhance my current skill set and continue practicing my French
I have other resolutions/ideas/shoot-for-the-stars goals tumbling around in my brain like a dryer full of marbles, but these are really the big ones I want to accomplish. Many of these I hope to turn into life-long habits, and I think with hard work, perseverance and a lot of planning, it can be done.
Now I want to know – what are your resolutions, and how’s it going so far?
All the best,